Friday 8 October 2010

'A French Cafe Scene' to add some flair to our living room


Our living room had one large bare wall. Our colour sheme was green and gold but the two wern't really 'working' together. So I decided to do a painting that brought some warmth and glamour to our favourite room (and stop the green and Gold clashing). Im in love with Paris since I revisited it last year for my 21st Birthday. I want to surround myself with all things Parisian! So, inspired by their bustling cafes and effortless sense of elegance- I created my painting and put myself in it. I am the blonde, gazing to the right, captivated by the jazz singer. My friend on the other hand is gazing at a rather scrumptous waiter!















Above right, is a photo of me in the 'Cafe des 2 Moulins'. This cafe was used in one of my all time favourite films 'Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain'. I just had to order their Creme Brulee! I am a huge fan of all things sweet but unfortunatly this brulee was just too much! so sweet it made my teeth ache





No comments:

Post a Comment