Saturday 9 October 2010

THE CATSHOW- my animation























THE CATSHOW was an animation I made during my 3rd term at LCC. It was just under 2 minutes long and was hand drawn. I love colour so individually hand coloured each of the drawings. This was a bit ridiculous but I didn't have enough time to familiarize myself with a program such as after effects in such a short space of time.
The story was set at a competitive catshow. In 2 minutes I couldnt cover as much as I wouldve liked, but I got to introduce a range of quirky little cats.
The film was received well and many people came up to tell me how funny they found it. I always want to portray some humor in my work- Its very important to me and is what I look for in a film/book.
Below are some of the character designs and then some screen captures from the animation.
I worked with a sound designer called Peter, the collaboration was really successful and Peter's sound really brought my work to life.
I like making 2d animations, I feel comfortable at the lightbox. And I like the way traditional animation looks. I need to practice my principles of animation in order to make the characters movements appear more effortless. I know I will get better with practice! Im also excited to use new software for my next project I really like how after effects looks. Stopmotion is something Ive had a small taste of and really enjoyed, Maybe that will be my next venture!
































No comments:

Post a Comment