Sunday 2 November 2014

Elsa Mars and Dandy



The new American Horror Story is so much more than I was expecting. I thought the whole circus genre was rather exhausted but these 2 episodes sure have proved me wrong! The colours are dreamy, the 'freaks' compelling and Jessica Lange's Elsa Mars is smouldering, glamorous and tragic. The 'life on Mars' rendition was one of my favourite scenes EVER! I like the planet themes with Elsa Mars and the Jupiter setting and the playfulness of 50s stereotypes (many times the hideous clown 'twisty' has been innocently mistaken for a party clown which of course seems absurd).
Bratty Dandy is another amazing character; he is so disgustingly delightful to watch!! I would love to have Dandy's bedroom fit with his own mini stage, pastel color scheme and box of toys.... and to take the bizarre even further, drink spirits from a gold plated babies bottle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment