Tuesday 20 November 2012


 This is a drawing I have been working on based on my first few weeks in Canada. Just a small illustration featuring me surrounded by the things I have seen/watched. I will post the finished drawing when its done
 Here are some photos of my new room, I started sticking images up as soon as I got here so the space could feel more busy and homely. 
I like the spaces around me to be rich with visuals that I can change/expand on. Luckily my flatmates like the same jumbled décor so our flat features many pot plants, posters, old records, ect
A drawing I did for Jack based on a visit to London zoo
 2 Advent calendars sent to me by my mum- shes so sweet.
A parcel arrived for me a few days ago which held these goodies and some newspaper clippings (from the English papers to keep me up to date with my gossip)

'The storm' by Pierre Auguste Cot
 I saw this in a thrift store and was held by its sensual movement, Im sure I have seen it before but something about it made appealed to me now. Maybe it was the way the weather has been recently- even though we have heavy rain in Steveston, the sea manages to remain still and silent.  This painting captures a movement that is meant to be frantic but with a sensitivity that relates to this town. 

Of course Ive been researching Cot again, and have found some other beautiful paintings 

No comments:

Post a Comment