Thursday 15 January 2015

Feeding the birds


This book tells you why each day is significant in mythology, history or nature. A small explanation of the goddess associated with this day is a way to enhance our wisdom of such tales and encourage more magic and awareness into our lives.
A small activity encourages spiritual awareness and todays activity took me to my local homebase pond to feed the ducks. This was the passage:

To encourage peace: Take a piece of bread outside, breaking it into small bits so the birds can carry your wish of harmony across the earth.

I used to feed the birds in Peter Pan pond when I was young and I’d forgotten how rewarding it actually feels. The birds were clearly very hungry and all came swimming towards me as I flung bits of bread into the cold water below. I know I should’ve only brought brown bread really but we had this French baton so I thought it was better than nothing. They seemed to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment