Friday 26 September 2014

September






September has included yet more fun outings for Danielle.
 
Pink balloons and U.S.A flags adorned the foyer of The Royal Opera House for the Grand opening of ‘Anna Nicole’ the Opera where tackiness reigned. A mob of hungry video cameras pecking at the remains of Anna Nicole’s trash made a visually alluring ending.
I visited Spitalfields farm with 2 lovely friends and enjoyed meeting some animals and eating some cake. Pigs, Watson and Holmes were delightfully big and covered in mud. My friend Kyrill threw an apple which led to them squabbling. The bug hotel wasn't very good but the name was. The donkeys and cows and goats were very nice. When meeting the goats I was reminded of a quote from my friend Eva who disliked them because they only had 'lines for eyes'.
On Friday 12th September Jack and I went to the screening of 'Wish I was here' with a Q&A after with Zach Braff. Our friends in Canada had got these tickets but as they were for London at the O2 they gave them to us. I really really enjoyed the film, it had a great mix of reality and fantasy. There were some really playful scenes such as the ones at comic con which contrasted beautifully with the more emotional hospital scenes. Zach Braff sighted 'Her' as a film he had really enjoyed and I can see how a similar dreaminess has been explored in 'wish I was here'. I don't think I wouldve seen the movie had I not got the tickets, the poster is not very appealing which is a shame as the film is really worth watching. I loved how when things got hard the parents went out on an emergency date night to discuss the next steps rather than drift apart/make the stress internal.
Last Saturday I danced/ran my way through a 5k track at the Excel 'Electrodash'. My favourite part of the run was when we entered the carpark and there were giant glowing jellyfish!! When you completed the run you came to a warehouse rave/dance. This was my first warehouse rave and I'm suprised to say actually very enjoyable. Running by the water with view of the O2 was really nice and it was a lovely warm evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment